Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Rubber Components

Hello David
Good question.
I sympathise with the gaiter situation. Very galling.

I have been dissatisfied with

1) Bonnet support rubbers. (Not that important)

2) Autobox Oil Cooler mounts (Nightmare to remove untorquable hexes,
fortunately found some OE ones)

3) Hardtop Seal (Too plasticy and squeak and worse, leak. Fortunately the
excellent James Paddock sent me a real rubber replacement type seal but it has
an unusual profile!)

4) Cooling hoses. (Unreinforced. I sent them back as unreinforced hoses will
cause disaster as they split)

As for poly bushes - great. I have been through 6 MOT tests with mine. The
previous rubber ones lasted 12 months.

I am in agreement with you. Where can we get decent rubber made parts?  They
are so important.

Peter H