Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: New heads available?

Hi Tim
I was interested in reading the advert for those in the last two SOC
Magazines.
They say they are completely new. A new design with, in addition to the
features mentioned in your letter, covert numbering for security traceability.
Price pounds 1985 as you say. I wonder they are exchange?
Personally I doubt very much if I will ever buy a pair.
My Mk1 engine number LF591HE has covered to my knowledge 140,000 miles
(rebored at 100,000). The Mk 2 heads were fitted 20 years ago and have covered
60,000.  I have just completed 10,000 UK miles on unleaded petrol with no
modifications for unleaded.
So when something serious goes wrong I will buy a new unleaded engine at
Pounds1550  inc VAT. with a guarantee.
I wonder how many heads Messers Abinger Hammer Motors will sell? My guess is
not many.
Peter H