Stag/Stag Digest Archive

New List Member

Just poking my nose in to say hello, and request some bits of info.
I am a long time Triumph owner, having owned several Spitfires as well
as the TR7 and TR8 that I currently have. I am looking to replace these
with a Stag. I have only been looking for a short period of time, but it
has become apparent that they are even harder to find than a TR8 (which
is saying something).
The only units I have found are sound in body, but do not have the
original engines installed. From what I have read, this is quite common.
What I am curious about is if it has a serious effect on the value if
the car does not have the original engine. IE, does a stag with a 302
conversion and excellent body value less than one with the original
engine but an average body. I know this is subjective, but some
background info would be very helpful.
Lastly, of course is a request for info on cars for sale. I am looking
for a car in excellent condition, I don't have time for a project at
this point in my life. I spend most of my time travelling across North
America, and live in Vancouver, Canada.

If anyone can point me in the right direction on these questions I would
greatly appreciate it.

thanks....

Francis Dupuis
Class Customer Care
Escom Software Services Ltd.
francisd@domain.elided

There are enormous canyons of space that hide
between seconds where moments become seasons
and minutes last an eternity, but you can't get there on foot