Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag and elect. ign. questions

How frustrating.
I think you are right. Something is getting heated up in 3 to 10 seconds. It
is after the coil which gets current as the engine dies. It must be connected
with the distributor or the Lumenition module.
The heating up of something stops the cutting of the beam in the optical eye,
or the amplification of the current by the Lumenition module.
I do not know how to check the module but it looks like thats it. Is it
possible it is incorrectly wired. Otherwise is there is failed component
inside? They have cooling fins (heat sinks) on them so heat is a problem.
Where is the burnt out wire. Maybe we need to know more about that!
You could ask Rimmer (Good Web site) for a price on a replacement module. They
sold me a chopper when mine was broken so they might sell other Lumenition
components.
Good luck
Peter H