Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Re: RE: Anybody know any history?

Tom Jell wrote
 ----------
That would be me to blame ...

My current knowledge of evolution is (please
correct me)
June 70        Launch
Oct  70        LD501
Feb  71        LD921 (modified front susp. struts)
Mar  71        LD1001 (some minor inprovements)

<>
Oct  75        LD 40001
Oct  76        LD 41994, Type 65 autobox replaces BW35

Anyhow, I have this only from various books and
other sources. Any corrections appreciated.

Interested in the reference to modified front struts.  What was changed?

My 1977 Stag has two slightly different struts. Is it possible that one has
been replaced with a strut off a pre Feb 71 car at some point.

The difference between my two is that the LHS one has a cut out on the lower
spring pan corresponding to a chamferred edge on the lower mounting rubber
whereas the RHS one does not.

Andrew Wood