Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Friction reducers

> Hello All
>  I have seen this very thin clear fluid demostrated at numerous shows.
>  Motor manufacturers do not recommend it.
>  Has anyone tried it? Does it work or does it wreck the rubber oil seals and
>  chain tensioners and allow the oil to pass the piston rings too easily?
>  Does anyone have any experience of it, (various brand names used)
>  Peter H
The key phrase in your message is "Motor manufacturers do not recommend it."
If you want the best for your engine use Mobil 1 or another brand name
synthetic.  Change it as often as you can afford to.  The money you save not
using the Friction Reducer should allow you to keep a 3000 mile change
schdule.
All these additives are "snake oil" remedies and should be ignored.
Not just MY humble opinion.
Clark