Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Electric windows

Ian,

I suspect that the cause of your one way window problem lies in the
switch.  I'd get that puppy out, crack it open (carefully), spray it
with contact cleaner, then coat the contacts with dielectric grease.

In fact, I have both products on hand when ever I disconnect any
electrical components or plugs on my Stag.  Triumph used unplated brass
in most applications, which naturally tarnishes.  I'll bet your Lexus
uses gold plated components.

Absolutely your last resort should be to use any abrasives, although
good metal polishes, followed by the contact cleaner would be
acceptable.

Kevin Harrop
'73 Stag w/ Datsun Z engine
los Angeles