Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Electric windows

Hi all

A problem with my windows, and no not microsofts !!(hee, hee)

When I try to bring the drivers side down, it either comes down slowly or
stops, and the only way to get it going again is to give it a push, and then
try again, and it the goes down.

But when I try to put it up it goes at twice, or three times the speed and
doesn't stop until it reachs the top !

I checked the alignment, obstructions, etc. and all seams to be well.

Could it be that I need new window rubber guides or is it faulty wiring.

BTW if I rev the engine high the window comes down quicker but it still gets
stuck in the same position.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Regards
Ian Baird