Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Grrrrrrr

Hi Gerry

Like others have said it is very difficult to try and diagnose a fault without
hearing it, but thinking back a couple of years ago I had an unusual noise
that was related to RPM and is was so bad I thought it would be an engine out
job.  Fortunately I found the fault before this happened and it was so simple,
check the bottom hose clip which is close to the alternator this clip runs
very close to the fan and pulley that at certain engine revs and engine
movement this clip comes into contact with the pulley and makes a terrible
noise. When this first happened I though the newly reconditioned gearbox that
had just been fitted was faulty.

Best of Luck

Roger Phillips