Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Anyone interested in a DAF?

Hi Clark,
I'm definately not interested in the DAF.
My first car was a Volvo 66GL estate (a rebadged DAF).
Volvo stuck big thick bumpers on. Which was lucky for me,
as my first bump caused a fair bit of damage to another car,
but I just had to hammer my bumper straight again.
I learnt to drive in it. Then some months later attempted
to climb a hill (small mountain actually) with four passengers!!
Fortunately I chickened out, since a new "rubber band" had not long
been fitted. Ohh happy days...

The car was eventually sold to a guy who loved DAF's. (Poor sod!)
I saw a saloon version in Edinburgh recently. Maybe it's him.
Bye.

--
David McDougall (Accounts)	|  Mailto:david.mcdougall@domain.elided
MRC Human Genetics Unit		|  Tel: +44 (0)131 467 8413