Stag/Stag Digest Archive

No Subject

PGA Howells,
			  The plate you are refering to is painted black in my MKI Stag and is also
accompanied by an accordian rubber boot which connects the intake to the
aircleaner to a rectangular opening at the aft end of this plate.  The plate
and the rectangular opening will direct air into the air cleaner intake thru
this rubber connecting boot.  (I am not sure of the reason for collecting air
from over the top of the HOT radiator into the air cleaner)  (perhaps the air
is a "little" cooler than the inside of the engine bay)  Taylor's book states
that cars commisioned after January 1972 had the single snorkle
thermostatically controlled intake to the air cleaner.  Cars before this date
had the "twin snorkle" intakes to the air cleaner.  My U.S. model MK I was
made in early 1971 and has the single inlet.  Perhaps this was a fedralized
accomodation which was later adopted for all models?  That's my two cents.  Go
49ers!!

Gerry Uenaka
1971 Red. 4 spd, owned since 1978