Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Steering wheel movement

Hi guys
I wonder if anyone can advise, the steering wheel on my Mk I has about
1/4inch play up and down, left and right which I would like to take a look
at. This movement occurs both when the car is stationary or motoring, am I
right in assuming this movement is controlled by the 2 bushes inside the
column (as per the ROM) and how easy is it to get access to them can you
just pull the steering wheel and get to them ?
Thanks and happy stag driving Xmas to all......
Andrew
Andrew Burt
Marketing Manager - Digital Cellular Products
Wireless Communications Business Unit
Mitel Semiconductor
e-mail: andrew_burt@domain.elided
Tel:  1 (408) 439 6074