Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Steering wheel movement

Hello Andy,
	Before you go tearing down the steering column, check the bolts that hold the
column clamp to the bottom of the dash.  If these come loosened, you will get
about 1/4 inch play top/bottom/left/right.  Also make sure the loay is not the
columnm clamp itself which can be adjusted to hold the column tighter if it does
not clamp correctly.

Happy Holidays!

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP
*Member of:
*VTR, RMTC, TSC USA, TSR, SOC
*
*"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"
*See it at the site below:
*http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html
*
*REGISTER YOUR STAG on the STAG DATABASE (courtesy of Dave Sims):
*http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/square/gcj72/index.shtml
*
*Support your Local and National Triumph Clubs
*
*Vintage Triumph Register membership inquiry's:
*Andrew Mace, President
*http://www.vtr.org/brochure/membership-form.html
*
*Triumph Stag Club, USA membership inquiry's to:
*Bruce Krobusek, President
*Mike Coffey, Chairman; VTR Stag Vehicle Consultant
*mailto:brucekro@domain.elided
*
*Triumph Stag Register UK membership inquiry's to:
*Mike Wattam, Chairman
*mailto:101714.1343@domain.elided