Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Inlet Manifold Advice

Peter,

Thanks for the comments, one of my purchases (Christmas present to myself?)
will be  suitable torque wrench.  As you say some of the bolts are
inaccessible.  I thought I might try and get a cheap spring balance so that
I could use a spanner and then pull it round using the spring balance -
trouble will be finding one.

I am anticipating finding that the manifold is not square, I haven't yet
checked it, I've been concentrating on getting the bits for the head as
they are causing me more concern.  I take the view that since the manifold
is off the car working on that will be much easier than the rather
unpleasant job of leaning into the car to do the helicoils.  I had already
decided that loosening a head with be a pretty daft thing to do!

Thanks

Bob Harris