Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Inlet Manifold Advice

Bob,

I had a local machine shop fit the helicoils for me but the drill should
guide itself within reason as you are only opening the existing holes
slightly.

As previously mentioned check the inlet manifold flanges for
straightness as they bend easily. I used hylomar on the gaskets being
careful not to overdo it as the 1/4" waterways could easily be blocked.
I wasn't convinced that grease alone would seal them but as I havn't got
the engine back in the car yet I can't say how water tight they are !

Good luck and merry Christmas,

Dave.

--
	Dave Biggs