Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Inlet Manifold Advice

I had to do the same exercise on my Stag heads. I used an electric drill
(variable speed) with a cocktail of light oil and cutting compound (I
used the same cocktail for cutting the recoil threads). Where these
holes are blind, I also bought the Bottom Tap as well as the
Intermediate Tap. This allowed the coil to seat properly at the bottom
of the hole. The supplier of your kit should be able to order this as
well.

Use a square to get the drill at 90o  to the head. Also get a friend to
check that every thing looks square whilst drilling. The drilling
doesn't take very long, nor much effort; as the drill is only removing
the old threads plus a little more.

I believe that chemical metal is better for filling the damage to the
faces. Use some of wet '& dry on a sheet of glass to get these surfaces
flat.

Where in the UK are you? If you are close/accessible you can borrow my
taps.

Happy Christmas and good luck (just take it slowly and carefully).

Richard  Brake   "Work Vauxhall (London), Home Guildford (Surrey)"

richard.brake@domain.elided

	Triumph 2000/2.5 Register (A/O)
	Club Triumph

	Stag '72, 2.5PI Saloon '71, 2000 Saloon 67, 2.5PI Estate '70,
Spitfire MKIII (2.5PI) '67,
	and Cough Cough Landrover LWB SW '66