Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digest V4 #78

Hi
I think your flashers are bad connections in the circuit. The rear bulb
holders are a terrible design, and check out the earth wire from the rear
light unit. The peened over metal that holds the terminal is feeble, and I
screwed mine in with a tiny self tapper, not over torqued.
The whining on the auto gear box is present in my box when decelerating at
around 50mph in top gear, but only in top, and only after three or four miles
to warm up.
I assume its worn teeth but not serious. I know its the box, because if I
select neutral, the noise goes away. I think its done 120k miles, if not then
more.
A rebuilt box i suppose is the answer, but it is nowhere near irritating
enough for that yet.
Peter H