Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Clutch Master Cylinder

I've just taken the clutch master cylinder apart to find the main spring
sheared. Funny that the clutch was working OK
with just a bit of a leak off the master cylinder. Fluid in the cylinder
was an attractive shade of black. The parts manual shows that
this part is NSS. Can anyone suggest a source for just this bit or do I
have to buy complete reconditioned unit?.

Also does anyone have a procedure for taking the brake servo apart?. It
functions OK but I want to paint it as part of a general underbonnet
tidy. I'm going to attempt to use the Anodised Bronze paint advertised
in the Frost catalogue.  This is supposed to give an "original" finish
Anyone tried this? When apart should I replace the seals etc as a matter
of course?

Comments and suggestion please

Regards

Nick A