Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Distributor

Dave

I too found the centrifugal advance springs different in my distributor.
One is made out of much heavier wire than the other and consequently is
much stiffer.  When I asked some Lucas auto-electricians about this they
indicated that it is normal.  In the Stag ROM there is a table of advance
settings against RPM.  You can probably arrange to have the distributor
advance curve graphed and the springs adjusted to suit the curve.  If you
use Excel or some other spreadsheet program and plot the minimum and
maximum values from the ROM, average them and fit a polyline to them you
will obtain a smooth curve .  Alternatively if you are running Excel 97 I
can email the graph to you keeping in mind that the values I have used are
the ones for my 1977 Australian compliance Stag.

Sorry I can not help with base plate query.

Guy Grunwald

Dave Biggs <D.Biggs@domain.elided> on 17/11/98 02:04:02 AM