Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Leaded Petrol Etc.....

I have been asked to speak at a 'panic' meeting organised for next
Wednesday 18th in London.  Other attendees will include politicians, petrol
companies, UK petrol station trade association, consumer lobbyists
including the dreaded Consumers Association, additive and silly add-on
fuel-line device manufacturers.

If as a classic car driver in the UK, you have any message (not too rude
please) for me to carry to the forum, please let me know by Tuesday 17th.
At the moment my theme is'why go along with Brussels and ban leaded petrol
when it is not harming anyone, but the alternatives are unproven and their
environmental effect is hazarduous.

Can any NEW ZEALAND members of this list please update me with the current
situation with LRG and classic cars in NZ.  I am already fully briefed by
the TR Register regarding their NZ problems.

Views please.

Mike Wattam
Chair - Triumph Stag Register