Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Information

Hi Randal

I don't see the point in adding weight to the Stag if you don't have to,
rather sort out the springs.

The correct ride height (with standard wheels and tyres) is 26" from ground
to the underside of the wheel arch, plus or minus 0.25".  If you have
non-standard tyres the height from wheel centreline to wheel arch is 14.25,
again plus or minus 0.25".

As for actually achieving this, the current spring could be re-set by a
road-spring expert to give a shorter free length, and this would have the
added advantage of maintaining the current rate (force per unit of travel)
so with the lighter powertrain it will be usefully stiffer at the front and
still matched to the shock absorbers.

Unless you are positively bursting to sell your standard Stag powertrain,
hang onto it in case the next owner wants to re-convert back to standard
specification.

Sorry we did not have time to drop in and see you when we were in SLO
recently.

Mike Wattam
Triumph Stag Register