Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Rotary A/C Compressor Modification

Hello Nick and Paul,
	Nick, thank you for the info. A picture or pictures would be excellent.  I can
accept any format picture you can save.  JPEG may be smaller than a BMP.  Please
fill me in on the Nippondenso details once you have firmed them up

	Paul, I have had several inquiry's about changing out the old piston stlye B/W
York compressor to a rotary style.  Three reasons mainly:
1.  More efficient/less horsepower drag
2.  Smaller size, more reliable
3.  adapts to new refrigerants

I am converting to tubular exhaust and will be moving the alternator to the old
compressor position.  My curiosity is to use a smaller rotary compressor, making
room for the alternator and new compressor in the proximity of the old
compressor, possibly modifying the old piston style compressor bracket as a
base.
	Nick tells me you have designed a bracket to mount the Nippondenso unit.  Would
there be room to place both units stacked in the same location, or do you have
another recomemdation I could consider?  Any advice and information would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
Triumph Stag Register USA VP

"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"
See it at the site below:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html

REGISTER YOUR STAG on the STAG DATABASE (courtesy of Dave Sims):
http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/square/gcj72/index.shtml

Support your Local and National Triumph Clubs

Vintage Triumph Register membership inquiry's:
Andrew Mace, President
http://www.vtr.org/brochure/membership-form.html

Triumph Stag Club, USA membership inquiry's to:
Bruce Krobusek, President
Mike Coffey, Chairman
mailto:brucekro@domain.elided

Triumph Stag Registry UK membership inquiry's to:
Mike Wattam, Chairman
mailto:101714.1343@domain.elided