Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Rotary A/C Compressor Modification

Hi Glenn,
	  my appologies for the response delay. I thought the info you required
below would be fairly easy to source but it was a bit harder then
anticipated. Also I am infrequent user now of my home E-mail.

STAG A/C:

Using a mirror to check all the external surfaces of the air cond.
compressor it is a re-manufactured unit and appears to be a Nippondenso
make. Model/serial numbers as G1101 G1364 7Y. However I will confirm this
as the car is due for a service shortly.

The installation was done through Triumph Tune in Sydney, contact Paul
Davis at the E-mail address below:

When the cars were being sold new over here quite a few vehicles had an
after market but integrated system installed by ALLCAR AIR Co. and Triumph
Tune happend to have such a car in for an engine overhaul when my A/C
installation was due to happen. Although some aspects of the ALLCAR
solution left quite a lot to be desired (and I am given to understand they
are no longer in business), the bracketry on the compressor is neat and
very sound.

Paul had a pattern made up when my bracketry was being manufactured and
also a few extra units made. I suggest you contact him direct as you may
well be able to buy one of these if required or come to some arrangement
for access to the pattern.

Ph: 61 2 9879 7260	Fx: 61 2 9879 7199	E-mail: triumphtune@domain.elided

I have access at work to a digital camera and can send you a .BMP or other
format picture file direct to your E-mail address if you would like to see
same. Please let me know if this is the case.

regards,

Nick