Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: British Motor Show

   Mike,
     That's an interesting observation about the original 'S' Type--
''not a good car in its day though''. I always thought the only
reason it was less popular than the Mk. 2 was because it had
slightly clumsy styling when viewed from the side with the long
boot. Mechanically, it was superior to a Mk. 2, as it had E Type
style suspension and a good 3.8 was a formidable beast in its
day, albeit a bit thirsty on fuel. As it is one of the cars on my
shortlist for winter transport, I would welcome an expansion of
your observation,
                       Stan Barnett.

S.A.Barnett,
Deputy Director of Estates,