Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Electrical Puzzler - Backlight Demister

Hello Mike
That is a very good reply.
It suggests something I hadn't thought of (but which in fact is correct)
namely that although some wires can light a 3 watt bulb in a test circuit,
they don't carry enough current to really warm up.
This is as you say  because the metallic strip has at some stage has had its
current carrying capacity reduced by reduction of the cross sectional area of
this already tiny size, from over ardent cleaning. Its been like it since I
had the car. I just forgot about it because the Hard Top has been off four
five years, but it has just gone on again as I'm moving house soon. Presumably
the old age symptom is attack of airborne corrosive agents plus repeated
cleaning. My glass must be 23/24 years old.

Peter