Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag coolant taps

A quick question regarding coolant taps on the Stag.

I purchased two coolant taps (brass fittings with ball valves that fit
into the engine block drain holes) last year.  These valves were deleted
on MkII Stags, but I'd like to install them in place of the threaded
plugs that I have on my car.  Does anyone know if these coolant taps
are suitable for use with the 20psi cooling system?  As far as I know,
they were only used on MkI Stags with the 13psi cap.  I will be doing
my annual coolant flush next weekend, and I'm tired of getting coolant
dumped on my head when I remove the drain plugs from the block.

Glenn Merrell wrote:
> I would like to see those of you who are officers of Stag/Triumph
> Clubs place your official capacities on your signature line with a
> brief note naming your club.  Sometimes it helps to tie a name to a
> club affiliation eventually to a face at a Triumph event.

Normally, I'd only include the first line, but here goes:

Tim Buja - Rockford, Illinois, USA - 80 TR8, 73 Stag, 72 TR6
President / Webmaster, Illinois Sports Owners Association
The Triumph car club for Chicago and northern Illinois
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/buja/isoa.htm
Event Coordinator, The Vintage Triumph Register
http://www.vtr.org