Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Found another '73.

Glenn Merrell wrote:

> Hello Charles,
>         Great Find!  I am curious about the no rust.  Better take a closer
> look, I'll bet there is bondo somewhere if it is a South east Stag.

Hi Glenn and list,

I don't think of Shreveport as being in the Southeast. It's about 150
miles west of the Mississippi River, 30 miles south of Arkansas and 5
miles east of Texas. Sort of South-centralish.

Although I don't much care for the climate, it's fairly kind to cars. We
seldom see freezing precipitation, so salt is almost never used. On the
rare occasions when  it does ice over most people are too scared of the
stuff to drive in it (wise, since they have no experience or practice at
it). Summers are dry, and winters are a bit damp. If a car is parked for
years on the ground it will rust from the bottom up. If parked on cement
or asphalt it's pretty safe unless it leaks water inside.

This Stag was stored in a garage until 1992 when the current owner
acquired it. He fiddled with it for a bit, and then put it in a
warehouse. The car is dry as a bone. It does have a bondo collision
repair on the right wing which I'm a bit concerned about (suspension and
steering), and the engine may be broken (I'm hoping it's not the dreaded
cam chains again).

Best Regards,
Charles

BTW, my brother in law thinks he's found two more Stags. Eek!