Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Engine Rebuild Parts List

Dear Fellow Stag Owners

I have recently retired my '75 manual Stag pending major restoration on
the whole car - so this is probably the first of many pleas for help.

Although I will be undertaking the more general mechanical and body work
myself, I intend to have a mechanic tackle the engine rebuild
(completely new territory for me). The mechanic I intend to use is well
versed in english cars - he works on Jags, Austin Martins, Rolls and
Bentleys almost exclusively and has worked on many Stags in the past as
well. His care and attention to detail is amazing.

My question is this: To minimise costs, I would like to supply the car
to the mechanic with most of the parts that he will need for the
rebuild. But as a rebuild is new to me, I don't know exactly what parts
are renewed, machined or repaired etc. I realise that only after the
engine is opened up will I know the complete storey and therefore a
complete list of parts to supply, but I would like to get a head start
on stockpiling parts ASAP.

The only modifications to the engine itself will be a change over to
unleaded fuel.

Any suggestions as to the parts I will need would be very much
appreciated.

Simon Grad
Melbourne Australia