Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Stag Differential

2.5PI, 2500, 2500TC and 2500S have a 3.45 ratio (Coz they don't like
reving to high), this maybe only in the UK. If you get a Mk11 Estate or
Mk1 Saloon or Estate diff then; the whole unit incl. Backplate is
interchangable. This is because the Stag was designed/styled on a 1966
Mk1. I believe that the front and back parts of the Saloon casings are
not interchangable with comparable Stag bits as the bolt holes don't
line up.

The above is my humble opinion, as an amatur with experience on a large
number of big Saloons/Estates and a couple of Stag's. I am not to be
held responsible for any costs incurred, any damage forthwith or hereto
assumed, assigned or blamed, nor any .........Blah, Blah, Blah.

Richard  Brake

Richard.Brake@domain.elided