Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Propogating Stag Mis-Information

Allegedly :-)

I am in total agreement with Dave on this point..

If I have given out any bum info then I apologise. I am a totally
amateur Stag owner with no formal mechanic training, by no major car
manufacturer. But after a number of years of rebuilding and maintaining
not only my Stag but other classics (Rover P6, 105E Anglia, Moggie
Minors, Citroen Bx Doh! Etc) I have built up a solid database of issues
and solutions that I have come across. I am more than happy to share
this information but as you say, it should not be taken as gospel.
Nobody is perfect (least of all the car manufacturers) and I don't have
any personal indemnity insurance..

I do agree that there are a number of Stag Gurus and these guys are
experts in their field. But if we were all to ask these guys our
questions all the time, it would be abusing the privilege. I find the
Stag digest invaluable and the way it runs is just fine by me. This is
because, as owners we freely share information and experiences about our
cars.

I cannot think of anything that has been written in this digest that
could be dangerous or even damaging. I can point out that even the
experts get it wrong sometimes. I am not going to name names or point
fingers because the information was directed straight to me, and I am in
no doubt that the advice would not have been given had the expert been
in front of the car at the time. More importantly I am grateful to
anybody who can offer advice on fixing problems with my car.

If somebody writes something that is deemed incorrect we shouldn't all
be ready to jump down their throats, this will only stop them from
contributing may even make them sell the car. What we do need to do is
debate the issues and bring out the correct solution (as Glen said in
his contribution).

Maybe we should have a standard disclaimer to fit at the end of every
posting..

Regards

Richard Hudson (keep the digest free of legal threats!!!)
73 Auto White Stag

P.S. the above is my point of view, any resemblance to persons living or
dead is purely coincidental. Parking is at your own risk. Etc etc