Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Dip Stick filler tube

Hi all

It has been brought to my attention that the stag should have a dip stick
filler tube, mine does not ! The dip stick goes straight into the engine
block, that's how I bought the car over three years ago, and the car has run
fine with only topping the oil and changing the oil to the full level minus
the tube height. I have always relied on checking the dip stick for level
and have not measured how much oil went in.

My car is an early mark one,July 1970,with the original engine still fitted,
should I have this tube fitted or is only fitted to later models ?

This is a very worrying problem as I have run the car like this for over
three years and 12,000 miles with good oil pressure and no sign of any
problems.

Ian Baird
'70 MK1 Stag