Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Oil Pumps

Hi All,

Well I did some work on the oil system at the weekend.  The original filter
housing stayed after your advice but it, transfer housing and pump all got new
seals/O rings and hopefully I'll now drip less oil.

One worrying thing though (isn't there always?).  HRS service video tels me
that my oil pump should have HOLDEN EATON stamped on the pressure relief valve
housing.  Mine does not and according to the vid this indicates a Saab pump
which may lead to too high oil pressure.  I have a pressure guage fitted and
on start up it reads alittle over 50 psi when driving and about 40psi at
tickover.  When hot this changes to 50 driving and 15 tickover.

Is this a problem?  Should I change the pump?  could it just be a re
conditioned pump?  Will the pressure relief valve operate anyway so it doesn't
matter?

Advice gratefully recieved.

Al