Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Timing

I read the unleaded thread and noticed the discussion on
timing setting. I looked at the ROM and it shows 4 ATDC
for US and 12 and 14 BTDC for other countries.
I just finished looking at mine. It is set to 15 BTDC.

I loosened the distributer, moving anti clockwise would
reduce it but the advance unit hits the coil almost
right away, so I really can't adjust it. The car seems
to run fine but may be it could be alot better??

Is there something obviously wrong here, some gears out
of step or major wear??

Regards
MB