Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Z-S carb rebuild, free play in "choke" device shaft

Hi Tim
Yes, well, if it is leaking fuel I can understand your concern.
I am lucky because the fuel does not drip out of my choke assemblies, but
their is play in the shafts.
Drippers clearly have to be fixed. Could it be a leaky gasket or does it run
out of the point where the shaft enters the starter box body. I suppose
bushing the worn openings is a possibility, but I'll bet it is very difficult
to achieve the right degree of accuracy.
Clearly the ultimate fix, which Joe and I both want to avoid, is rebuilt
carburettors.
Peter Howells