Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Z-S carb rebuild, free play in "choke" device shaft

Peter Howells wrote:
> Tell me if you find those new choke bodies, they're shot on mine as well.
> I don't think it matters too much since choke is closed most of the time.

The problem is that the choke body for the right hand carb is dripping
fuel out onto the breather hose.  I'm not sure if this is due to a
sticking float or due to worn-out choke body and/or choke disk shaft
parts.

The carb rebuild has done wonders!  Mid-range performance is
significantly improved.  I'll see in a few days how the overall
performance and fuel economy have been affected by this tune-up.

Tim Buja - Rockford, Illinois, USA - 80 TR8, 73 Stag, 72 TR6