Stag/Stag Digest Archive

No Subject

I have an opportunity to buy the shell of a stag for a couple of hundred
USD.  The car is a 71, with the mag road wheels, and I think there are
several usable body panels.  The car was one of Gene Deese's conversions
(Concord, NC) and the original motor and drivetrain are long gone.  I
think that  the axles and suspension is still there.  Additionally, the
hard top is intact.  My query is this, do any of the US Staggers have
any part requests?   I would be willing to pass along parts for a
nominal cost plus shipping.  I would like to buy the car, but space is a
problem.  Therefore, I may need to part it quickly (I hate to scrap
anything, but If if disassemble it I can compartmentalize and use space
in several locales....)

The guy who had it also had a conversion (73) who he recently sold to
Doug Gullett, (who interestingly enough, works in the same building and
for the same company as I do.....) and therefore has no need for the
spare.  I believe that the instruments are gone, but there is a lot of
usable chrome on the car I am told.  I will try to go see it this
weekend, but the Mrs. May frown on that.  Hunting season for Mourning
Dove starts on Saturday, and I will hunt both Saturday and Monday (which
is observed as a holiday here in the US)
Mark Weir
Corporate Bank Debt Research
Loan Syndications
First Union Capital Markets

"My Doctor told me to stop having intimate  dinners for four. Unless
there are three other people."
                                     -- Orson Welles

"The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right
questions."
                                        -- Claude Levi-Strauss