Stag/Stag Digest Archive

"New" Stag

Hi folks,

I just looked at a Stag that was visiting my mechanic's shop that has
just over 8,000 miles on it. It's like new in and out. It's a '71 with
four speed/overdrive and wire wheels. The car is now red (toward the
orange side) with black interior, but was originally green (although the
repainting completely eliminated any evidence of its former color. It has
not had any of the cooling upgrades or the new head studs installed. They
just put a stainless steel exhaust system under it. The underneath, by
the way, seems to be about as clean as the upper side. The word is that
the car is for sale but the owner hasn't decided a price.

Thomas Santee
'73 Stag
'58 Austin-Healey