Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digest V4 #18

Hi Mark
Very sorry to hear of your plight.
No thernostat eh?
Means it was already running too hot.
Means water not circulating, which in turn means the radiator is a bit blocked
or the block is one of the ones that didn't get all the casting sand rodded
out of it during its life.
Well, if the heads haven't been skimmed that might be a possibilty, unless
they are really twisted.
When they are skimmed you can get an extra thick gasket to prevent
valve/piston contact.
If they are, then its new heads, complete I'd say because your valves are
shot.
You could get an exchange engine from Rimmer but there would be a horrendous
surcharge and the freight to send your old one back would be extortionate.
Also, with warped heads they may not accept it for credit.
Sorry but its going to be more costly than you thought.
I am afraid Stags are a real challenge but they are an absolute joy when they
are right.
Peter