Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Unleaded Engine

Hi All
Just letting you know I have now completed over 6000 miles on unleaded.
My engine had three valves replaced in 1991. I have no idea if they were
exhaust or the hardened ones but very doubtful.
My engine had new pistons at that time, and the timing from that rebuild
remains unchanged.
The car engine goes very well today.
So much so I didn't replace the plugs at the 12K service 1000 miles ago.
I suppose I ought to take one out to see whats its like after 13000.
I'll let you know.
But i think you can run on British normal unleaded without problems.
Not Super Unleaded with toluene as this will rot your diaphragms, well thats
my view.
Peter Howells