Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Front Springs positioning.

greetings from Canberra.

Currently I have the front suspension out of the Stag with the front strut
dis-assembled.

I was scanning through some workshop manuals regarding the refit of the
struts etc.

In my original WS manual for the 2000/2500 sedans I came across the
following comment:

"Rotate tyhe road springs to bring its lower extremity directly inboard
with the road wheels in the straight ahead postion.  This will cause the
springs to bow outwards when loaded and prevent them from fopuling the
wheel arch."

I am assuming what they are saying is that the ends of the coil must be
closest to the engine.

With no similar comments to be found in the stag manual or my TR7 manual,
any comments would be appreciated.

keep staggering brian