Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Flushing Cooling system & Thermostat

Hi
I personally don't think its your thermostat although I would get the right
one.
If it was your thermostat, I think you would have boiled by now, if it didn't
open, or you would be running too cold if it didn't close.
The books all say reverse flush. Into the bottom hose and out the top. Thats
the radiator out, unless you can make up an adapter to get a garden hose into
your bottom hose. I have never done it but you might try a bit of bike inner
tube, or a piece cut of the top of a plastic bottle, one that you find in your
good ladies box of hair cosmetics.
The gunk comes out of the top hose, so you don't want that connected to the
engine. Another bit of bike tube to lead it all away.
Good luck.
Peter