Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: BL Badge positioning

In a message dated 03/08/1998 09:35:01 GMT,  NickArg@domain.elided writes:

<< Subj:	 BL Badge positioning
 Date:	03/08/1998 09:35:01 GMT
 From:	NickArg@domain.elided
 Sender:	owner-stag@domain.elided
 To:	stag-digest@domain.elided

 Can anyone give me the correct position for the BL badges on the
 front wings?

 I've looked at several Stags and they all seems to be in different
 positions.

 Regards

 Nick

 Hi
I have an original 1973 Car brochure with the badge in a beautiful side
elevational photograph.
This is a factory car with a BL badge Reg RRW97L
Hard to explain where it is but try this.
Measure the length of the bottom of the door panel.
The back edge of the badge is 2.22% of this distance forward of door leading
edge gap and the bottom edge of the badge is 3.33% of this distance above the
raised moulding in the wing panel that defines where the sill starts.
They are in different positions so I have heard because they were sometimes
dealer fitted.
Peter Howells