Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Radio Noise Suppressor

Hello Ian,
    You will need to buy a suppressor that fits in-line with the power wires
going to the radio.  Any good radio shop should have them for £10 or less I
would imagine in the UK (about $15 USD for one here in the US).  The
suppressor used on the coil is, as you found out, not the right fix.   The
radio noise however, is usually sourced at the alternator by a bad diode in
the rectifier pack, evidenced by a whine cooresponding to engine revs, or a
tic-tic-tic that also cooresponds to engine revs caused by non-resistor type
spark plugs or plug wires that have the insulation breaking down.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Glenn Merrell
"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"

See it at the site below:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html

Triumph Stag Register USA VP
membership inquiry's to: