Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: fuel injection

Hello Duncan,
    I have been working on a design for fuel injecting the Stag engine.
But, there are several designs already out, one by Tony Hart of Hart Racing
Services.  Tony has a DIY manifold for about $1600 USD that accepts the
fuel injection setup from the Rover 3.5.   Keith Barnicle, an SOC UK member
has a setup similar to this,  and there were two other Fuel Injected Stags
at the Triumph 75th Anniversary held at Gaydon UK in May.  Using the Rover
3.5 setup and the right manifold, everything fits nicely under the hood
(bonnet), and from talking with the owners, adds quite a kick in power and
performance when matched to tubular exhaust manifolds which they all had.
My guess is that a Fuel Injected Stag with Tubular Exhaust Manifolds is
close to 200bhp with UK spec pistons.  For the 127bhp USA Spec engine, this
would be quite an improvement, cleaner and more fuel efficient if tuned
properly, specially at altitude.
    The intake manifold is the main problem, as you will either need to
fabricate one, or buy one from someone who has done all the welding for you
like HRS.  If you have any ideas, I'd like to discuss them with you.  There
are two aftermarket controllers on the market that I know of, Accel and
Edlebrock, programmed with a laptop.  There are others too.

Regards,
Glenn Merrell
"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"

See it at the site below:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html

Triumph Stag Register USA VP
membership inquiry's to: