Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Radio Noise Suppressor

Hi all

I need to fit a suppressor to the stag to cure the static noise coming =
from my new radio, I fitted one as per the instructions, I.e. connect =
one end to the live side of the coil, and the other end to a good earth =
point.

This cured the noise problem, but started another problem in that =
whenever I start the car the rev counter shoots straight upto 7000 rev's =
and stays there regardless of anything I do, but when I disconnect the =
suppressor every goes back to normal.

Is there a way around this or will I have to live with the static noise =
if I want the rev counter to work.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ian Baird
Mk1 '70 Stag