Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: slight vibration

Hello Richard,
    This vibration, do you feel it in the steering wheel, seat-of-the-pants,
or through the pedals?  Steering wheel will be something out of alignment,
seat of the pants is giong to be drivetrain, pedals...well, anywhere.  If
the vibration only occurs from rest to 5 -10 mph and is very slight, that
tells me engine/transmission source. You might want to check the easy things
first, like the fan and torquatrol for any noticable play, then take a hard
look at motor and transmission mounts, then drive shaft and axle shaft
u-joints.  If you see a u-joint throwing any grease or wear, could be a sign
of trouble.
Judder:  When you did all of this suspension work, did you have the brake
rotors and drums turned before you replaced the brake pads and shoes?  The
"judder" is usually out of round rotors and drums.  Solution is to replace
the pads and shoes AND have the Rotors and drums turned.  Also, if the rear
brake slave cylinder is not pushing out of both sides (ie, one piston side
is seized), the shoes are not being expanded equally and will cause a
"judder", as might be happening when you release and reapply the brake.

Regards,
Glenn Merrell
"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"

See it at the site below:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html

Triumph Stag Register USA VP
membership inquiry's to: