Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Fwd: Not this again

Peter,

Hope you are getting this and I am forwarding per your request.

Glenn and Matt, thanks for the tips. It'll be a couple of weeks before my
schedule permits suggested analysis and potential remedies.  I'll keep
everyone posted.  Again, thanks all.

Kim LeMasters
73 Stag

-- BEGIN included message

Hi Kim
I believe that the number/thickness of gaskets under the water pump cover
is important on the Stag.  Too thick a gasket can lead to excessive
clearance between the housing and the impeller which, I believe, can reduce
the efficiency of the pump and maybe lead to your problem.  There are good
instructions in the ROM as to the correct method for selecting the right
thickness gasket.  I am not 100% sure how much influence this can have to
cooling and others may be able to confirm or deny if this is a possible
cause.  If it is confirmed as a possibility you could check with your
rebuilder about the gasket used.

Guy Grunwald

PS I am having problems getting mail on to the list for reasons I am still
investigating.  Has something to do with our new firewall I believe.  Could
you please forward this to the stag list for me so that others can comment
on this suggestion.  Thanks.

-- END included message