Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Not this again

Hello Again Kim and all:
    Some experience on running hot from Robert Ducker, a post from
        Tue, 16 Jun 1998:
>By the way, I rebuilt my distributer ('73 Mark II) to UK advance
specifications and realized a significant temp drop at highway speeds.
Evidently I was getting too much total advance, which was not causing
detonation, but was reducing engine efficiency somewhat at higher speed,

light throttle conditions.
I was using the US spec vacuum & advance mechanism with the retard port
plugged and the advance going to the carb ported vacuum. This
combination
is evidently not a good match relative to the UK setup (or the original
US
spec setup, probably, but that setup is just too strange!).

Kim, this might fit your problem, easier to check with a timing light!

Regards,
Glenn Merrell
"Keep Your Stag Cool, Install a NEW Composite Cowl Today"

See it at the site below:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~gmerrel/stagcowl001.html

Triumph Stag Registry USA VP
membership inquiry's to: