Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Front Panel

Badge adhesion
Glue bonds to metal are affected by damp to a greater or lesser extent, and
you will get more than your fair share of it at the front of the car.
Try double sided (d/s) sticky tape . It is best to use a d/s adhesive on a
"carrier" film.
In our business we use acrylic d/s tapes because they improve with age and
pressure, but for this purpose I think you should try a heavy rubber-based
d/s adhesive as it may be more waterproof.
Try the VERY sticky stuff used by carpet layers.
That's what I used for one of my side badges (stolen by an enterprising
french souvenir hunter - who says we've got all the hooligans?) and it is
still there.
Then seal round the edge with a (tiny) bead of silicone filler from the DIY
store.

Grill paint
I only had to do a touch-up job, not a complete re-paint.
I used matt blackboard paint as that seemed to provide the best match to
the existing finish.
It has lasted very well.
Would a gloss finish look right?

Best regards