Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag Composite Cowls

I've sent off my order today. Thanks for all your efforts!

By the way, I rebuilt my distributer ('73 Mark II) to UK advance
specifications and realized a significant temp drop at highway speeds.
Evidently I was getting too much total advance, which was not causing
detonation, but was reducing engine efficiency somewhat at higher speed,
light throttle conditions.
I was using the US spec vacuum & advance mechanism with the retard port
plugged and the advance going to the carb ported vacuum. This combination
is evidently not a good match relative to the UK setup (or the original US
spec setup, probably, but that setup is just too strange!).